Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tips & Tricks Tuesday | Multiple Uses For Travel Sized Items

Over the summer I realized that travel sized items aren't just for traveling. Granted, I ended up buying most of my new finds as a result of my trip to Puerto Rico. However, after I returned I found plenty of uses for those little carry-ons.


Test Subject
If you want to try a new product but are afraid to invest in the full sized item only to wind up disappointed, buy the travel size version first. I did this with the Cetaphil face wash. I heard so many rave reviews about this cleanser but I wasn't ready to shell out $11 if it wasn't going to help out my skin. The verdict? It is nice and gentle, but I'm one of those people who needs to see something lather to prove that it's working. Plus, I've had the same, if not better, results from my previous cleanser so I'm glad I tested it out first.

Ride Along
Travel size items are also great for, well, traveling. But, you don't have to be going out of the country to take advantage of them; traveling to class counts too. For example, a small deodorant is the perfect thing to throw in your purse for those days you forget to put some on before you leave the house. Don't pretend like it's never happened to you.

Also, having those travel size items on hand is great for impromptu sleepovers at your friend's or your significant other's house. You'll be grateful that you have a mini shower gel you can bring along instead of lugging around your entire medicine cabinet.

Penny Pincher 
Restocking your toiletries cabinet with travel size items when you're a little pressed for cash is also a brilliant option. All of your favorite brands are made in a smaller size, trust me. You don't have to resort to a generic brand to save money when you can just buy your staples in a smaller volume. You'll be surprised, those three ounces go a very long way. Being able to stay consistent with your routine is just an added bonus.

I was planning on writing an entire post on essentials to keep in your everyday bag, which includes several other travel items. Let me know if that's something you would like to read either in the comments below or on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Jordan,