- Orange was extremely popular this summer. It's bright, bold, and vibrant, much like your bikinis I'm sure. But orange is also a very autumnal color most noticeably seen in the leaves when they change colors. The best way to wear this color through the fall would be to tone it down. Opt out of a full-on orange lipstick and try a lip gloss or stain. You still have that unexpected pop of color without going overboard. Recommendations...
- Drugstore: L'oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Coral Tattoo
- High end: Yves Saint Laurent Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain in Orange De Chine
- Turquoise eyeliner was also a huge trend this summer. You can still incorporate this hue by choosing to use an eyeshadow instead of the more harsh eyeliner. Turquoise eyeshadow is much more forgiving and gives you a lot more flexibility. You can tone it down by smoking it out with a dark brown or charcoal gray shadow in the crease. You also have the option wearing the turquoise shadow the way is was most commonly used this summer: on the lower lash line. Just be sure to blend! Recommendations...
- Drugstore: Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Tenacious Teal
- High end: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencil in Clash
- Rose colored, neutral pink lips were also seen everywhere. Luckily, in my opinion, this trend is already perfect for year round use. Natural lip shades are classic and timeless; you can never go wrong. If you want to enhance it for fall in a subtle way, choose pink shades that lean more towards the mauve or berry families. It will still be a warm, neutral color, but adding a slight purple tint will make it a bit more seasonal. Recommendations...
- Drugstore: Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in Pink Truffle
- High end: MAC Lustre Lipstick in Politely Pink
Have you tried any of these techniques or products? Know of any makeup transition tips that you would like to share? Comment below or tell me all about it on Twitter @JordanCathleen_!