Monday, October 6, 2014
If you haven't noticed, I've been a bit M.I.A. The reason behind that is I've been grappling with the thought of a pretty major rebrand. While many bloggers often blog through that process, I haven't been able to work well. Creatively, it feels as if my mind is in two different places and I know that I'll need to take a little time to sort a few things out. I really appreciate all of you and I hope you can bear with me. I'll do my best to give you a few beauty tips here and there to keep you looking your best in the meantime.
Monday, September 15, 2014
Guess who's back. Back again. I know it's been a while since you've heard from me, but I must admit I had a pretty hectic start to this school year and this hiatus was much needed. That being said, let me share some of my favorite internet finds since I've been away.
|one | two | three | four | five|
- This has absolutely nothing to do with beauty, fashion, decor, or anything else I typically talk about but I adore this family. I've been watching their growth for a while now and they make me smile each and every time. I figured I would share them because I know if they bring me joy, they just might do the same for you. Plus, they make beautiful children so just a warning, they may cause baby fever. Sorry! (The LaVigne Life)
- In keeping with the theme of putting a smile on my face, this post instantly lifted my spirits. There are few things cuter than a good Instagram board and I loved this one by Lorelai's Things. Honestly the attraction was probably due to the huge amounts of neon...but what else is new? It also is a great farewell to summer, which couldn't have come at a more apt time. The leaves are already changing here and I'm pulling out my fall jackets and this is the perfect way to say goodbye. (Lorelai's Things)
- I never include men's fashion but that's something that has to change. Luckily, I have a good friend who knows a thing or two about it. I featured him not too long ago and I've fallen in love with his own blog. His sense of style is impeccable and his creativity inspires me...whether he knows it or not. Well, I suppose the secret is out now. (The Timeless Aesthetic)
- Wishlists. We all have them. Whether they're simply mental, scribbled down in our notebooks or we have entire picture boards dedicated to them; we all have them. These next two blog posts are wishlists that make me want to add on to my own. First up, this beauty list has a few high-end items that I've been eyeing for a long time. I may have to wait a little longer and add them to my Christmas list, but they'll be mine soon enough! (Dizzy Brunette)
- This next wishlist is more fashion focused, which is equally important. My favorite season to dress for is fall. The jackets, boots, and layers bring out a freshened sense of creativity that I look forward to every year. It seems I'm not the only one that feels the same way because Jourdin has put together a pretty fabulous list of fall essentials. Check it out! (BonJourdin)
As always, if there are any links you've loved feel free to share them with me so I can give them a look!
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Late. Again. I know. But the past two weeks have been pretty backed up with plans to move...and actual moving. Hopefully, things will all be in order now that everything on this end is starting to settle down. Luckily, I've had just enough time to find a few new blog posts. Check them out!
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5|
- Though I loved all of these interior design looks, my absolute favorite is the second shot. I love how the dark wood floors contrast against the stark white, brick walls. Everything feels so organic yet polished at the same time. Which, in my opinion, is a pretty difficult task. I love this blog for it's inspiration posts, which I know I'll be stealing ideas from all the time! (BLOOD&CHAMPAGNE)
- I found this post simply adorable. It took two of my favorite things (interior and fashion design) and combined them to create a killer take on a classic mood board. The only bad thing I can say is that after reading it, I wasn't sure if I wanted to redecorate or change my clothes! (Kelly Christine Studio)
- In the event that my boyfriend actually reads this post: babe, don't freak out. I had to include this blog post because these wedding dresses are unconventional and so beautiful. I'm not planning on getting married anytime soon, but when that day comes, I hope I'll be lucky enough to walk down the aisle in one of these gorgeous gowns. (Dust Jacket)
- If you haven't noticed, I kind of have a thing for collages. So naturally, I'm a sucker for a good Instagram recap. I love The Beauty Look Book for her stellar product reviews, but I equally love her for her fabulous photography skills (and from an iPhone no less!). Honestly, I'd much rather gawk at and covet her massive collection of products anyways. (The Beauty Look Book)
- Last, but certainly not least, is a long time favorite of mine: Zoella Sugg. Another beauty blogger and guru on YouTube, she sets herself apart with her bubbly personality, willingness to be vulnerable with her subscribers, and amazing ombre locks. Oddly enough, however, the video I'm suggesting in this week's Best, Finds isn't a beauty video at all! I won't spoil it for you, but I can tell you that she (and her special guest) had me smiling the entire time! (Zoella)
So that surprise I mentioned.... It's not a huge one; I'm not at giveaway status just yet. But, I personally think it's a good one. If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram then you've already seen this image. For the rest of this week, I'll be writing a new post everyday on Back to School Staples. I'll be covering all the essentials in fashion, beauty, interior decor (or dorm life if we're being real about it), and actual school supplies (like you'll even touch them by second semester). Regardless, this blog will serve as a one-stop shop for everything you need (and need to know) for this school year. We start tomorrow, class. Bring a pencil!
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Despite my very clear preparedness for fall to come, there are still a few weeks left of summer and honestly, I think we should all enjoy it while it lasts. After all, what other time of the year is it appropriate to take random road trips, eat tons of ice cream, and swim more hours than you sleep? In honor of the remaining summer rays, here are a few iPhone wallpapers to both brighten your screen and spark a little inspiration for one last summer adventure.
The simplest way to download these wallpapers would be to do it straight from your iPhone. Click one (or all) of the links above for the image you would like to use as your wallpaper. Next, press and hold the image and select 'Save Image.' From there you can simply make the saved image your wallpaper via your phone settings. Done!
Hope you enjoy these wallpapers and the remainder of your summer!