Thursday, June 13, 2013

Top Five Annoying Natural Hair Questions by Amber from Stages of Gold | Jordan & Co.


Hey there! Looking for Jordan, right? Well today we have decided to take over each other's blogs! If you want to read her top five annoying questions she gets asked as a natural hair girl, you can find them on my blog Stages of Gold. Since you're here, check out my top five questions, that Jordan and I both agree drive us up the wall.

1. How do you get your hair to curl like that? This question is so stuck on the plantation! My hair curls like this because it's curly - point, blank, period. If you're waiting for me to tell you a miracle product that will transform your tresses into perfect curls, I can't help you. Sorry.

2. Why don't you straighten it?! I get asked this a lot by family and friends more now that my hair has gotten a little longer. Everyone assumes that because I could straighten my hair and let it hang and swang while I walk that that's what I want to do. WRONG! I'd much rather shower my curls with love and affection than risk PERManent damage by running to the flatiron weekly. Plus, big hair is so much more fun!  

3. Can you teach me how to go natural? *sigh, face palm* There is only one way to go natural: don't get relaxers anymore. I can't teach much more from there.

4. My hair is (insert problem), (insert another problem), (insert one more icing on the cake lawd Jesus hair problem), what should I do/use to make it nice/soft/ to eliminate (insert list of problems). Again *sigh, face palm* I am only an expert on one head of hair, MINE! I know what works for me and what doesn't, and I've learned that through research and trial and error. I can recommend things to you all day, but the only person besides a licensed beautician who can custom build your hair regime is you. DO YOUR RESEARCH! Google really is a know-it-all

5. Are you mixed? No, I'm not. Are you? Hair texture does not indicate anything about my race or ethnic background. I can't stand when someone assumes my hair is the way it is because I must be mixed. My parents may have good genes, but give me some credit! I take time with my hair, and make sure it represents me well!

Final Thoughts: Being a natural hair girl these days can be a lot of work. It seems like you have to impress other naturals, shame the girls with relaxers (which you DON'T), attract the oposite sex, look presentable to other races, and at the same time, style your hair in a way that you're comfortable with. Don't get caught up in it! Your hair is your hair, it only has to be pleasing to you. As long as it's healthy, it's perfect! If you choose to wear it silky straight or in a massive fro, that's completely up to you. And if your curious about natural hair, feel free to ask me for advice, just please come correct, or you may end up having to talk to the fro!


Can't get enough of Amber? I know, me either! For more on the author, remember to check out her blog and follow her on these social networks:



2 comments:

  1. See, #1 & #5, HEAVY SIGH! Especially, #5. I just can't deal with these type of people.

    I literally laughed at #3. I'm not sure why people think it's so difficult. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you could relate and I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to gasp either! LOL. If you haven't already, make sure to visit Amber's page to read the five things that I find annoying too.

      Delete

Dear Jordan,