Friday, June 7, 2013

Fashion Fridays | District Style

There is absolutely nothing better than the fashion in Washington, DC*. However, I didn't realize how much I missed DC fashion until last night. I attended a party on Connecticut Avenue and it was honestly a breath of fresh air. Everyone's style was so unique and every outfit had a different vibe from the next. I suppose absence really does make the heart grow fonder.



What is it that makes DC fashion so distinct from other cities? We shop at the same places and find, generally, the same things at the thrift stores, so how is it that we look so much different? I think it's in the way that we interpret the clothes. It's how we accessorize. It's how we choose to style our hair, our makeup. It's the combinations we come up with that make us stand out.

Now that I'm living in the city again for the summer, this would be the perfect time to explore this even more. This summer should be a fabulous adventure.

*Prince George's County is also included. Let us not get our panties in a bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Jordan,