Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Tips & Tricks Tuesdays: Fragrance

Before you yell at me, I am very sorry that this tip is being uploaded on a day that doesn't fit the alliteration. I thought I uploaded it last night. Oops! Bloggers are only human after all, and I dread the day that this too becomes a job for a machine. But, since it's not just yet I'll get right to it.


This may seem like a silly tip but trust me, it's well worth it. It has to do with where you use your fragrance. The typical place is on your wrists and the front of your neck or chest. This method is outdated and ineffective, that is if your desired effect is to attract the opposite sex. Think about it. If it's on your wrists, it will just get washed away when you wash your hands. The front of your neck or your chest is a bit better, but who on Earth is going to shove their face there to smell it? Hopefully that's not the kind of attention you want to attract.

Instead, I learned to use your fragrance primarily on the back of your neck or behind your ears. Why? Well first, the fragrance has less of a chance of wearing away because it gets trapped in your hair. That ensures that you smells wonderful all day long without the risk of having to reapply and going overboard. Also, when people lean in for a hug, it will be the first thing they notice. I'm sure you know, while it may not be on someone's actual checklist, that smelling good is a definite turn on. 

So instead of using too much perfume on places that have no lasting power, go ahead and try this method. Trust me, before you know it you'll have a trail of followers behind you...and I don't mean on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Jordan,