Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Someone Who Made Your Life Hell or Treated You Like Sh*t - Day 8

I'm not exactly sure of where to start with this one. Not because I can't think of anyone, trust me I already have my answer, but because I'm not sure how to tell this story.



I suppose I'll keep this short and sweet.  For about a year there were some pretty nasty rumors spread about me. It took me that entire year to realize who was the main person spreading them. I was hurt, embarrassed, and betrayed. I considered this person a close friend. I had no idea that one person could have such a widespread impact. I felt like everywhere I went people looked me up and down, shared whispers with their friends. My friends.

Thing is, it also took me that year to understand why they did this to me. They were hurt by something I had done. It wasn't done maliciously or intentionally, but it was done. For a while I blamed myself for it all. But I grew past that.

Now although that person's intentions were malicious, I've said before I'm not big on holding a grudge. We're cordial today, but I'm not stupid. I don't socialize with this person, nor can I ever trust them again. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Jordan,