Tuesday, May 6, 2014

April Favorites 2014



Beauty | I'm not sure if I've said this one already, but I've really been loving the orange shade of the Revlon lip butters called Tutti Frutti. It feels like a lip balm but it has a color payoff close to a lipstick. It's the best of both worlds. Plus, orange is a shade that I've found looks really great with my skintone, which is lucky for me since it's predicted to be a huge trend this season.

Body | What? New category? Yes, I've decided to add a body category because I feel that it can stand alone outside of the "beauty" umbrella. That being said, my body favorite this month is Softsoap's body wash in Juicy Pomegranate and Mango Infusions. This isn't a new product for me, I've just really been enjoying the fragrance. The fruity scent just reminds me that summer is slowly, but surely, on its way.

Fashion | Crop tops! Specifically my floral print top from H&M. I get a billion compliments everytime I wear it. I've loved pairing it with either a flowing maxi skirt or high-waisted harem pants. This top is an easy way to dress up what would have been a pretty ordinary outfit.

Accessories | If I don't have to tote a ton of stuff around with me, I'm grabbing my essentials and stuffing it into this cute crossbody. It's pretty small, but that forces me to only bring what I need. No more, no less. Otherwise, I end up complaining about how heavy my bag is all day.

Techie | Snapchat! So I'm not new to Snapchat at all but I'm just super excited to play with all the new features! If you haven't heard or gotten the update just yet, Snapchat has now added a video chat feature similar to FaceTime as well as a text chat feature. Sure, there are other things on your phone that complete the same tasks, but it's definitely cool to have them all in one place now.

Song | Really Be (Smokin N Drinkin) by YG featuring Kendrick Lamar. So I really have no explanation for my obsession with YG's album this month. I can't personally relate to a single thing he's been through, but for some reason I feel like I was riding next to him during all of it. I have the entire album on repeat constantly and I regret not going to see him a couple weeks ago when he performed at the Theater of the Living Arts (TLA). Seriously, why didn't I go?

Munchies | Popcornnnnnnnn. To be fair, popcorn is a favorite every month but for some reason my addiction has been insane in April. It's even gotten so bad that I've regularly attended "Free Popcorn Fridays" at my school's student center. It sounds even more sad saying it out loud. I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Jordan,