Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Top Products of 2013

With a full week of 2014 now comfortably under our belts, I figured I would take the time to share my favorite products of 2013...you know, before it gets too late.


  • Skincare Hands down the St. Ives Apricot Face Scrub was my lifesaver this year. Whenever my skin was getting a little out of control, it brought it back down to reality. I'm sure at this point it goes without saying that my benzoyl peroxide cream and vitamin E oil were staples as well so I'll try to avoid sounding like broken record.
  • Hair The winner would be Elasta QP's Olive Oil & Mango Butter Leave-In Conditioner. It smells good and keeps my hair soft and moisturized. What else do I need really?
  • Body This one is actually kind of hard for me because I switch things up all the time. I think I'm going to go with True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere Body Cream. It's so moisturizing without being greasy and I get compliments every time I wear it. It literally smells like icing...which is obviously irresistible. 
  • Fragrance I didn't wear much fragrance this year because I typically wore a very fragrant body cream. One I did use up though is the Forever Red scent by Bath and Body Works. I had the roller ball version (unfortunately they no longer sell that form) which I loved because I could just toss it in my purse and touch up throughout the day.
  • Face (foundation, blush, bronzer, concealer) Well if you know me at all (or have read any of my previous posts) you would know that unfortunately I don't have an answer for any of these. While I know how to use each product, I don't use them because makeup is meant to cover blemishes and I am lucky enough not to have too many. However, I do want to branch out this year and test my makeup skills by doing my face for special events. Stay tuned. 
  • Eyeshadow I was so scared I was going to hit pan on the shade Snakebite in Urban Decay's Naked 2 Palette. It blends so seamlessly with my complexion and I use it all the time. I'm in love. 
  • Eyeliner I loved Rimmel's Kohl Kajal Eyeliner. It smudged when you wanted it to and stayed put when you needed it to. It also made a great base for black eyeshadow for a lasting smokey eye.
  • Mascara It came out late in 2013 but I fell head over heels in love with L'Oreal's Voluminous Butterfly Mascara. Oh my gosh. I felt like my lashes would fly right off my face they were so long! I'm glad I stepped out of my Maybelline mascara trance (Although their line is equally wonderful. No one can deny their Falsies formula).
  • Lips Although I tried other products this year, I kept gravitating towards the Revlon Lip Butters...and now I have three shades...and one I already had to repurchase. Our love affair was real in 2013.

I could go on with more categories but I'm sure you're bored by now because I'm definitely tired of looking at this computer screen. BUT if you would like a Top Products Part 2 let me know in the comments or on Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Jordan,