Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Vacation Beauty Essentials

In about two weeks time I will be relaxing on the beaches of sunny San Juan. But before that happens, there are a few fashion and beauty essentials that I need to make sure I have with me.



FASHION

  • Cover up | This one should be the most self-explanatory. After leaving the beach or the pool and you don't want to stop and change, a cover up is a life saver. Luckily there are a ton of cute options from a sarong to a maxi dress or even a wide leg pair of beach pants. I still haven't decided which one I want...so I probably try to get them all.
  • Hat | Since I typically wear my hair in fro form lately, I haven't gotten a chance to wear a hat yet this summer. But, hats are extremely important and keep your face shielded from the sun's harsh rays during the day. I have a classic wide-brimmed beach hat and a fedora that will definitely be taking the trip with me.
  • Sandals | Also obvious. However, for me, it's definitely time to invest in a new pair. While the pair I currently own aren't extremely old, it would still be embarrassing if for some reason they decided to give out on me mid- late night stroll.
  • Swimsuit | I just want a new one, okay?!
BEAUTY
  • Sunscreen | The biggest beauty must for vacationing. Because you will be in the sun a lot more, protecting your skin has to become a priority in your skincare routine while you're away.
  • Fragrance mist | Again, during vacation you're constantly moving from one activity to the next. Would you really like to smell like a long day on the beach during lunch? Yeah, neither would I.
  • Leave-in conditioner (with SPF) | If your skin can be damaged from sun exposure, what's stopping your hair from being at risk too? This is a great way to keep your hair from being stripped of all its moisture while in the pool or ocean and protect it from UV rays. 
  • Waterproof...everything | If you can't bear to have a bare face, then be minimal with your makeup. Wearing heavy makeup to the pool or beach can look just as silly as wearing makeup to the gym, so be careful. Instead of foundation, opt for a BB cream with SPF. Also, make sure your eyeliners and mascara are waterproof to avoid looking like someone just broke up with you in the middle of the ocean. 
Anything I missed? Let me know what you're fashion and beauty essentials are for vacationing! I would love to hear them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Jordan,