Sunday, May 12, 2013

Heart Beats | The 20/20 Experience

So I just realized that as much as I love music, I have yet to talk about it! Music is such a huge part of my life that I literally die a little inside if I forget my headphones at home. I die. 

I figured I would share what album is currently making my heart beat and that is The 20/20 Experience by Justin Timberlake. I slept on this album for so long that thinking about the weeks I could have been enjoying this brillance makes me sick. So here's a quick, and extremely bias, review of each song.


  1. Pusher Love Girl - Most relatable song to my life right now.
  2. Suit & Tie - Typically the first released single isn't my favorite simply because it's everyone's else.
  3. Don't Hold the Wall - Physical proof that Justin Timberlake is a freak.
  4. Strawberry Bubblegum - My favorite track. I can play a billion times and be content with life.
  5. Tunnel Vision - Easily my second favorite and second most played song, which is nothing to sneeze at.
  6. Spaceship Coupe - Such a sweet song for you and your special someone when you need an escape together. 
  7. That Girl - This has such a smooth, jazzy style that's different from every other song.
  8. Let the Groove Get In - Amazing dance track with African and Latin inspired beats (currently shaking hips, by the way).
  9. Mirrors - Didn't like this song initially because it sounded like a typical pop song, but it's definitely grown on me!
  10. Blue Ocean Floor - Very reminiscent of a Frank Ocean or The Weeknd kind of vibe, so naturally I'm hooked.
  11. Dress On - I can just imagine him singing this to Jessica Biel. So sexy and clearly personal.
  12. Body Count - The second dance track on the album that reminds me why I love Timberlake/Timberland collaborations.
My point? This album is literally incredible. Every song has a completely different mood and every lyric is relevant to anyone who has ever been in love. You can tell he's in a good place and is happy in his relationship because it comes through in his music. Although I wish this album would have come much sooner, I'm grateful that it's finally here and you can really hear the growth in each track. Pick it up today and be a judge for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Jordan,