Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Something You Have To Forgive Yourself For - Day 3


Truth is at this stage of my life there isn't one particular thing that I need to forgive myself for. If you would have asked me the same question a year ago, I probably would have broken down in tears pouring out a whole laundry list of things I was ashamed of. Thankfully, I've learned a lot within that year's time. I've learned that I can't beat myself up over actions that have long been done. So I suppose what I have to forgive myself for is all the time that I spent crushing my self-esteem and worrying about other's opinions of me. I should forgive myself for wasting that valuable time that could have been better spent on the people I love and the friends that stood by my side. 

It may have taken me a while to get to this place of forgiveness, but I am so glad to finally be here. I love my life, mistakes and all, and I wouldn't change a single thing. After all, it's those mistakes that have helped me grow as a person and those lessons I will hold on to for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Jordan,