Thursday, January 10, 2013

Something You Have To Forgive Someone For - Day 4

I started to say that there is no one that I need to forgive. Usually, that would be true. For me time heals all wounds. It's just my personality. No matter how wrong someone has treated me, with time, all is forgiven. While in some instances I find this a problem, in the end I know that I can't live being burdened with grudges, so I drop it. Before I could get through the first sentence of this post, however, I had to stop myself from lying. There are two people who I realize I have never forgiven, my parents.


It may sound a bit pathetic, but if I'm being completely transparent, I have never truly forgiven them for getting a divorce. Time heals most of my wounds but for some reason, even seven years later, this cut just refuses to close. 

I'm not sure how to get to a place of forgiveness with them but I know, for my sake, I definitely have to make a conscious effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Jordan,