Monday, January 7, 2013

Something You Hate About Yourself - Day 1


In case you were wondering about the title, my last post explained that I will be taking on the 30 Days of Truth challenge. Everyday I will post the question as the title and my answer as the post. This is the question for day one, so let's get started!

To tell you the truth I hate that they started off with this question. I mean why start things on a negative note? That being said, I suppose I'll go ahead and embarrass myself now.

I hate...

  • The hair on my knuckles and toes. Really, why is that necessary?
  • How much I sweat. I truly believe I have a condition.
  • My oily facial skin. It makes my skincare regimen that much more difficult and it's nearly impossible to keep my eyeshadow from creasing. Ugh!
  • The small hairs I get on my chin thanks to my grandma. That's just unacceptable.
  • That I procrastinate! It's an absolutely terrible habit and no matter how many times I've gotten myself in a mess because of it, I still do it. I may need therapy.
  • That I bury my emotions. While I am improving on communicating with my loved ones better, because I've done it for years it's still a very hard habit to shake.
I think that's it. I tried to name things that really do bother me as opposed to analyzing every inch of my body or personality. I don't think that's healthy or conducive to good self-esteem. Luckily, all of these things are curable, if not with tangible products then with a little something I like to call, confidence. Yes, I may not like these things about myself but unless I'm directly asked about them, they're definitely not on my mind on a regular basis. I have many more important things to think about and you should too. Acknowledge your flaws and either put a plan in place to change them or embrace them. Then move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Jordan,