Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve Makeup Tips & Tricks | Best, Holidays

As promised, I wanted to bring you guys a couple tips and tricks on how to look fabulous tonight while ringing in the new year. I'm going to start by listing a few of my own tips and then follow up with some great New Year's Eve makeup tutorials from some of my favorite YouTubers. Let's get started; after all we only have a few hours before you have to get ready!

  • Prime it up! Whether you have oily skin or not, primer will be your wingman tonight. I typically only do my eye makeup so I'll only be using an eyelid primer, but for my ladies who use foundation make sure to use a face primer to keep everything in place. You want your gorgeous face to be sweatproof, cryproof, glitterproof, alcoholproof...you get the idea. 
  • Shine bright. New Year's Eve is one of the few times where it's widely acceptable to go a little crazy with the glitter. Since I personally don't dabble in the sparkle often, I'm beyond ready to go all out tonight. Use glitter glue, extra eyelid primer, or even eyelash glue to give something for your glitter to adhere to. 
  • Prepare for lift off. Some girls choose false eyelashes that look like they're ready to fly away, however, there's definitely a way to wear lashes tastefully. New Year's Eve is the perfect time to experiment. In fact, this will be my first time trying out false eyelashes and I couldn't be more excited. I've done plenty of research, so little tip: look for a lash glue with nylon. It makes it a lot easier to remove at the end of the night. 
My number one tip for New Year's Eve glam? Be comfortable! If you aren't into foundation, glitter, and false eyelashes, then don't do it. It's always obvious on a girl's face if she's out of her element. On the other hand, it's equally apparent if a girl is completely comfortable in her own skin and nothing is sexier than confidence.


In addition, here are of my favorite New Year's Eve makeup tutorials. It seems this year instead of just focusing on gold, silver, and related hues, women are branching out and incorporating color into their looks. That may be something you would like to try as well!

 

 


Have a happy and safe New Year's night! I love you all, thank you so much for supporting me throughout 2013 and I can't wait to grow with you in 2014!

Best,
Jordan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Jordan,